Closer and closer to leaving

I got it! So the embassy interview, I was anxious about is now behind me. I got the visa this time and shortly I'll be leaving my island home for the East Coast. I'm excited, and looking forward to this new chapter in my life. The professional experience is something I've been longing for, and didn't have much opportunity to do here in Jamaica. Everyone wants someone with years of experience, and so young people fresh out of college don't stand a chance. So now is my time to shine.

Also, I'll be able to see my baby more often. While I'll be in DC, New York is not that far away. The distance between New York and Jamaica, well it wasn't a challenge for us but now this makes it much easier. Yai!

Leaving Jamaica on November 7.

1 comments:

HSisland October 24, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

I agree. I'm so excited about your success and the opportunity to be closer to you. I await your arrival :)

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers