My best week of training EVER


I had a lull in my training after going to NY getting a little ill. I tried to work out, even when I returned by I constantly fell weak and dizzy. So I eased my way back in my workout and this is how things unfolded.
My training week started last week Sunday with an 18 mile bike with Rebecca and her friend Shani. The ride was through Virginia with some really nice hills, turns and scenery. I tried to keep a 12mph pace and for the most part, that was successful.

Monday, I went to the gym to do some running. Was having a headache so decided to skip the track. Though it was the treadmill, I did a great run for 30mins. I added some strength and core training and had a fabulous time.

Tuesday, I had my swim coaching. My coach had me working more on my technique and I realized I was not pushing behind to get maximum use of my reach.

Wednesday, OFF day.

Thursday, it was back to the pool to practice my drills. I ventured into deeper waters to get accustomed to that. I practiced my technique : breathing, kicking and my pull. I wasn't counting laps, as I just wanted to improve my technique with each length I swam.

Friday- It was back to the bike. This time I racked up 28 miles. I went on the Crescent Trail with my friend Shurouq. It was a nice warm day, and it took me two bottles of gaterade to stay hydrated. (Note to self - I need sunshades, as pollen and blossoms were raging war). On the way to Bethesda, I kept a 10-12mph pace on a slight incline. On the way back my pace was around 15-18mph. Wow, I loved it!

Today, Saturday I have a basic technique swim clinic with an excellent swim coach. I'm hoping to gain a few more skills and improve on my swimming. Class is from 12-2 (just realized after going to Tri Unify's site to verify time for blog.

Tomorrow, Sunday, I bike with Gregg through Rock Creek Park from 10am.

Monday - Run

Tuesday - swim

Wednesday - OFF

1 comments:

Tri Becca April 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

That sounds like an AWESOME training week!! You sound like you are training for an Olympic or 1/2 Tri! You willbe so... prepared for your race!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers