Multi-sport clinic #2

Last Saturday (yesterday) I went to my second in my series of mutli-sport clinic put on by The Bike Rack, in collaboration with Vida Fitness. The session was titled-Swim training/Open water and Swim/Bike Transition. The focus on this clinic was swim technique in an endless pool. The instructors allowed each swimmer to go in the pool one at a time, and critique our form. I was a little nervous at first since I've only learnt to breathe in the water a month ago and with all the snow we have had I had not been practicing. However, I just said "What the heck!" and when it was my turn I jumped in and did my thing.

I was pleased with my performance. Jen, our instructor gave me a few tips. I needed to turn my body more, reach with my hand more and catch the water with my hand coming down at a 90 degree angle while brushing against my side. When my arm is coming out of the water, I need to keep my shoulder relaxed and drag my fingertips at the top of the water.

Based on the feedback, I have a good catch faze but I need to work more on keeping my hips and legs more aligned with the water and keeping my head down to help with my balance in the water.

All in all, I was very happy I went even though I'm still recovering from the cold. I'm getting there, one step at a time.

1 comments:

Tri Becca February 25, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

So sorry to hear about your fall!! I can't wait to get my bike so we can ride together!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers