My first bike ride

Today, at 10:30am I set out on my bike for the first time. I was very pumped up and looking forward to making my way to the Bike Rack to also purchase my bike shoes.

This was my route:
View Larger Map

The total distance was 4.5miles and I got to my destination in 25 minutes. At the Bike Rack, I purchased my Shimano Spd Mountain Shoes (SHWM60. The Bike Rack was selling it for the same price as I would get it online, but I always qualify for a 10% discount as a member of DC Tri Club. So I got the shoes for $90. In addition, the store changed my pedals for free so it was SPD compatible, and then I bought the cleats. Total cost was $115.




Now, since I changed over my pedals, I had to learn now to use my new shoes as they lock into the pedals. I practiced locking in and locking out a few times and headed back out to go home. I took my time, and even when I didn't need to, I locked in and out of my pedals. About 15 minutes in my journey, I was coming up at a traffic light. I was attempting to unlock from my pedals but that was unsuccessful and as such I came to a grinding halt with my feet stuck to my pedals. Needless to say, I toppled over into a pile a hardened snow. While my ass begun to freeze, I struggled still to unlock my feet. Eventually I got it, and up again I went and journeyed home without any further misfortunes.

Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers