Swim Lesson #1- Takoma

As I train to become a triathlete, I'm in specific need of swim lessons. Fortunately, I live close to the Takoma Aquatic Center, and was able to sign up for 8 lessons for us$10. My first lesson was Tuesday, January 26. The coach asked each member of the class to jump in the pool and swim, for assessment purposes. I must say, I was slightly worried a would be the worst. I signed up for level 2, not sure what level I really should fit in, but it appears I made the right choice. On my try-out I was able to swim half-way the distance of the 25metre pool. Not too bad. I swam on one lungful of air, since I haven't learnt to breathe yet.

Now after some stroke analysis by our coach, it was back in the pool again. This time I was able to swim 3/4 the length of the pool on the same lungful of air. Still not able to breathe yet, but I should be able to make a further attempt at my next class. This seems promising, and I'm excited to continue and review my progress

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers