What Being Gay Means to Me

I just watched a little sappy movie, but it had such a good message beneath the corniness at times. The name of it is Make the Yuletide Gay http://www.zshare.net/video/710603214569cdd3/ and it was about this 22 year old male who was going home for Christmas and his boyfriend showed up. He was in the closet but his boyfriend was not. By Christmas he came out to his family and the show was just about his journey in coming out, and how his family accepted him.

Now this is not the typical story at all for many persons coming out. My coming out had many ups and downs but I'm happy I have done it and my parents know who I am. What is more important though, is how I view myself. I want to live my life for me. I want to marry my girlfriend one day and be free to be ourselves. I want a family and I want it the way the average couple has it. I understand that sometimes life is not simple and that at every point in history there is a specific group of people that have to fight for equality and freedom of choice. Still, I just yearn for the full freedom to express myself, my emotions and the joy I find in myself and my partner whenever the mood hits me.

I don't know, sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed. I know the answers to the questions, but yet I still ask myself. Why is one's sexual orientation a barrier to equal rights? How can others judge and decide that we are not due the same privileges afforded to all humans? How dare they think they can tell us who we cannot be.

Still, noone can stop the love I have, the passion I feel and the determination I have to carve my own way. My journey is rich and I'll make my life as full as I want it to be

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers