12 min mile

Today's run workout was aimed at completing three miles with a target time of 30mins. I realized that based on my conditioning, I wasn't able to do a 10min mile, so I aimed to maintain 3min laps around the 400 meter track. I did my one lap warm up and then stretched and then I was ready to go.

Laps 1-3 - Feeling good and keeping within the pace.
Laps 4-6 - Slowing down, but speeding back up to maintain the pace. Hydration included.
Laps 5-8 - Above a 3min lap pace and trying to push myself to keep up.
Laps 9-10 - Falling off the pace and now a 1:30 behind. Focusing on slowing my breathing down
Lap 11 - Telling myself only one lap more to go...increase speed a bit
Lap 12 - Final lap, legs tired but speeding up a little, sprint final 100m to finish

Finish time - 37:30 - 3 miles

Walk one lap to cool down, and then stretch.

2 comments:

Tri Becca March 22, 2010 at 6:19 AM  

Not too bad! Before long, you will be doing the 3 miles in 30 minutes as planned! I can just feel it!!

Neisha March 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Thanks! Aiming for that, and also to see what the chances are of lowering it to an 8min mile.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers