Homesick

A few days ago, I felt this emerging sensation in my heart. I felt sad, nostalgic and overwhelmed. I texted my family back home to tell them hello and that I missed them. Shortly after they came online and while I was talking to my sister, I started to really miss everyone. She was telling me of the antics my parents were up to. (*sigh). (pause, let me change this song...damn, its just dragging me further down [run- by Leona Lewis].

Ok, as I was saying...yes so I just started missing my family lots and lots, intensely for the first time in the four months since I've been here. I feel like my little sister is getting older without me and everyone's life is speeding away. I'm here, and they are there. So my girlfriend says it is normal to feel this way. I'm sure she's right but I'm not one to feel sadness too much. I always aim to balance my emotions and stay positive and forward thinking. Plus, I don't like pity...and I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me...and be like "Oh Neisha, it will be alright"

Well such it is...I guess it will pass. Bedtime

1 comments:

Anonymous March 6, 2010 at 3:01 AM  

I'm surprised it took this long for the homesickness to set in. Don't feel weird about it, you will miss your family and culture and all those tiny things Jamaican you thought you wouldn't miss.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers