Sunday Bike Ride

Sunday was supposed to be my rest day. Saturday I didn't go for my ride because I had a swim class in the afternoon and then work, so I skipped the ride and decided to do it Sunday, depending on how my body felt.

So Sunday, the weather is awesome and I couldn't pass up a day like this. So I decided to bike to the Bike Ride, to get my bike looked at (the seat adjusted possibly and to look at my new pedals for any adjustments). On my way a woman and I made eye contact, we stopped at a light together on our bikes and we said hello. Our brief conversation led to her inviting me to join her friends for a bike trail ride in Georgetown. It sounded like a great idea so, of course I went along.


Shurouq. her two friends and I met up in Georgetown and off we went on the Capital Crescent trail. I was the only one on a road bike, as the others were riding mountain bikes, but we stayed on the paved trail. It was scenic and felt so great. I fell once on the way due to some ice, and I was trying to avoid a few people who were coming in my direction as the snow was on the trail on their side. So, I was locked in and couldn't unlock in time so down I went. When I got up, my handlebar had shifted and my knee was bruised. I knocked the handlebar back in place and off we went again. We rode about 9 miles on the trail and then stopped in Bethesda at the Whole Foods to sit on the steps outside and have our lunch. The company was great, but soon it was time to head back.

On the way back, I got a chance to really fly on my racing bike...wow phenomenal feeling. This is where I now need to mention my second fall. Luckily it was not when I was going at high speeds, but it was almost at the same spot. This time the bike and I slid on the ice, and I rolled. It must have looked worse than it was as my new bike friends rushed to me to ask if I was okay. I really was fine, so off we went again. My third fall happened after we left the trail. My cleats had locked in and I didn't realise, so I braked and was ready to put my foot down, and there we were (me and my bikr) heading to the pavement. This fall was not nice, I might have bruised my hip and sprained my wrist in the process.

The other two friends departed and Shurouq

I also had a minor bike issue, which must have been caused by the last fall. My back wheel came right off, but luckily I was in a stopped position when I realised, so Shurouq helped me fix it, and off we went. We didn't catch the Bike Rack before they closed, so we headed on to Takoma, where we parted ways.

I must have covered about 30miles in total. Looking forward to my new bike computer so I can properly estimate. Now what a bike ride!!!

3 comments:

Tri Becca March 8, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

Geez... so many falls, but it sounded like a GREAT ride!! 30 miles?? I'm impressed. HOw does your body feel today? We have to meet up and go to Hains Point or somewhere, ANYwhere to ride!

Neisha March 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Yes it was a great ride. Actually, my body feels GREAT. I had an ice bath last night, and then soaked in warm water and got my shoulders massaged a bit. My only concern is that my wrist might be sprained, and I have a bruising on my thigh, and my arm...oh and my knee was cut...but apart from that, I'm awesome lol.

Neisha March 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

Oh, by the way we shall ride at Sligo Creek Trail, very soon. It's near both of us

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers