Run workout (10min mile)

Sunday, I went to the track near home for a run. I ran 2 laps for warm-ups and then stretched. I didn't exactly plan how far I was going to run, but my target was to run for 30mins. I started and by the 3rd lap I was feeling it in my shin. I had suffered a shin injury playing soccer in high school, and that had prevented me from running track in college. So I've always been concerned when my shin starts hurting.



However, I didn't want to give up so I pushed through. I met a guy around lap 5, and we jogged together and talked. I didn't mind, especially since you really should be able to talk while you run.
Before I knew it, lap 12 was coming up and I was sprinting the last 100metre of my 3 mile run. My run was completed in 30mins.

So now I have a target. I should be going running tomorrow morning, if the weather allows it. My aim is to take a minute off my total time and my ultimate goal is to run a 7-8min mile by June.

And so it begins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Too much to tell. Summary- 24, lesbian, passionate, perfectionist, semi-serious...

Followers